” Time and Tide Wait For No Man, But Time Always Stands Still For A Woman Of 30.” ~ Robert Frost
Let’s Blog Over 30…
As I sit on a private beach in Mexico, I find myself reflecting on how today is my 30th birthday. Most people I know are having some sort of quarter-life-crisis about the oncoming age of thirty by the time they hit twenty-five. (insert thirty rolling eyes emojis here). Although I can agree that time seems to move quicker the older you get, and I suppose if you haven’t hit every goal or pinnacle you thought you’d reach by the end of your twenties, this milestone birthday can bring up a whirlwind of thoughts or emotions… but there T R U L Y are so many reasons I B E L I E V E we all age like the finest of wines and thirty is the brighter, better version of twenty.
Here they are!:
- You can buy the shoes — and still have money in your savings account because you actually understand how to save now.
- You’ve figured out what you truly want or you’re close to figuring it out..
- You know what you don’t want or won’t tolerate.
- You’ve (finally) learned to appreciate the value in healthy eating.
- You suddenly have gained this oddly gratifying solid nighttime skincare routine to look forward to.
- You get that your gut is a real thing and you stop questioning it.
- You’re not hungover every weekend. (although……. hangovers do get harder to actually handle — careful! or just drink wine every night like I do for balance! totally normal!)
- Circle gets a bit smaller. This is a maaajor plus. You understand the meaning of true friendship and know you need so many less relationships than you once broke yourself to keep around. Life has a funny way of weeding out what’s not meant for you by the time you reach thirty.
- You stop adapting to boyfriend-of-the-moment’s lifestyle. You stop settling.
- The rest of the world (past their twenties) has a newfound level of respect for you + your ideas by this point.
- You have a completely new relationship with your parents as a real adult.
- You realize that making more time for reading, and less time for going out puts you one step ahead in life.
- Your house is clean! Or you can hire someone to clean it!
- You feel your body changing, so you make it a priority to take care of it.
- You’re in charge of your decisions, but still young enough to make a few mistakes. You’ve made enough mistakes on your own this past decade to know not what to repeat, and how to apply those lessons moving into your thirties.
- There’s still so much ahead!
- You know what a good bottle of wine tastes like.
- You’ve established what your own home feels like.
- If you’re smart, you’ve gained a few passport stamps and soaked in irreplaceable cultural moments.
- Sex gets even better. It does!
- Sleep is the new black is the new millennial pink.
- Internally, you calm down. You get that choosing love over angst or ego always wins.
- Fear (of anything) has less of an impact. You give quite a fuck less about everything you realize you cannot control.
- Your heart and mind begin to balance.
- Confidence begins to organically exude from a genuine you.
- Curiosity gets you into less trouble, and into more ways to serve yourself and your future.
- You’re busy enough to appreciate the importance of down time and self-love.
- YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MEANS TO INVEST IN YOURSELF, DAILY, & CONSISTENTLY.
- You become unapologetic for exactly who you are.
- L I F E just inexplicably makes more S E N S E.