“You Are The Closest I Will Ever Come To Magic.”~Suzanne Finnamore
Let’s Blog Over the First Trimester…
I am feeling the change in my body. The blooming within, and how my heart seems to flutter with the wind. Even more so… I’m showing and I can’t believe it. I thought I’d have awhile, but according to my doctor not only am I small, but my baby is big. I wasn’t the only one shocked about this belly growing literally overnight, but so were my friends who live in my building. Ugo literally said “You did NOT have this bump yesterday, but you are carrying so well.”
I have a ton of pregnant friends/cousins right now, and it’s so crazy that we’re experiencing this together. I mean every month from May until the end of the year a baby is being born. Side Note: A week before I found out I was pregnant, my friend Audi called me super excited and said “Guess what? I’m pregnant.” My response was “Why would you do that to yourself?” A week later I find out I’m in the same boat. I have to tell you… telling her the news was a bit of a jab to my ego. She was talking so much smack!
Anyways, it’s been great being able to support one another and share experiences during this time. It’s definitely been hard for me, so having people around for support has been nothing short of amazing.
My new pregnant friends, and some of you ladies have asked what products I’m using to prevent stretch marks and some other things I bought and have used during my first trimester. I’m sharing all of those deets today!
If I got a stretch mark my mom would probably d i e ! I’d probably die with her. So I’ve been using the following three times a day or sometimes more if my skin is dry or itchy. I’ve shared these products on my instagram story, but I thought it’d be beneficial to share here too!
- Olive Oil: Because of it’s hydration abilities. My grandma swears by this.
- Vitamin E Oil: I’ve been using J Ā S Ö N. You can get it at Whole Foods. It’s really thick and natural. It prevents skin discoloration, and keeps my skin fully hydrated. It also prevents stretch marks.
- Jergens Shea Moisture Lotion.
- Hatch Mama Belly Oil: I love this product so much. This oil intensely hydrates + reduces the appearance of stretch marks and scars. It supports skin as it stretches during pregnancy and beyond + provides nutrient-rich moisture without a greasy feel.
- Mama Mio Belly Butter
- Pregnancy Pillow
- Ritual Prenatals and these Nature Made Prenatal Gummies
- Ordered these lovely slippers
- For any questions I may have had about pregnancy this book is a great read.
- Another great read was this book which came highly recommended from some fellow pregnant friends.