“Tuesday. Nothing A Mocktail Can’t Fix.” ~ Annonymous
Let’s Blog Over Mocktails…
I’m not drinking, but I’ve been having a little fun experimenting with making different mocktails so that I feel a bit included when I’m hanging out with friends and family.
Summer is upon us and I’ve created the most refreshing drink that I know you’ll love. This recipe became a quick favorite of mine. It starts with muddled blueberries and mint, with added vanilla syrup. Topped with Topo Chico to give it that strong refreshing taste. If you choose to use alcohol in this I’d go with gin.
To make the vanilla syrup use equal parts of sugar and water then bring to a boil. Once the sugar dissolves remove the sauce pan from the stove to set aside. Add a few tablespoons of vanilla (to your taste) and stir. Let it cool to room temp.
Blueberry Mint Mocktail
- 1/3 cup Blueberries
- 2 1/2 tbsp Vanilla Syrup
- 1 Mint Leaf
- 1/2 Juice of Squeezed Lemon
- Topo Chico or Pellegrino
- Crushed Ice
- Add the blueberries and mint to an 8oz glass and muddle. Basically just puree everything into the bottom of the glass.
- Add the vanilla syrup.
- Add crushed ice all the way to the top of the glass.
- Add the Topo Chico.
- Squeeze the lemon juice on top.
- Garnish with more blueberries and mint leaves.