“The Perfect Lover Is One Who Turns Into A Pizza At 4 A.M.”
Let’s Blog Over Pizza…
Ralph took care of the baby all morning and allowed me to sleep in. Best Feeling Ever. I woke up super energized and recharged. He then took me to get a mani/pedi, and then ditched me so he and Quatro could go back home and get some work done. I didn’t mind. When I think of the entire day we had planned, I’m actually grateful that plans turned into canceled plans. We decided to stay home, watch Ninja Turtles (lol), make a pizza, and have a fabulous bottle of wine.
I love a great pizza. I love all the different variations of ingredients you can blend to make all kinds of pizza and I’m never scared to experiment and try something new. Ralph – however, is a load the meats on the pizza kinda guy. We usually don’t like the same kind of pizza so he gets to be basic, and I get to go all in. I stopped at central market to get some tomatoes to roast and make the most amazing sauce. Stopped at the butcher to gather our meats, and quick trip to the produce section to get some Arugula. My pizza turned out incredible and you all HAVE to try it.
Spicy Pepperoni Pizza with Arugula
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce Make it or use your favorite sauce.
- 2 tbs pizza seasoning
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1 lb pepperoni I go to the butcher to get the freshest selection
- 1 handful arugula
- 1 tsp spicy chili oil
- For The Pizza Dough:In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the dough blade, combine the flour and salt and process with 3 or 4 pulses. With the motor running on the dough speed, slowly add the yeast mixture, allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding more. Continue processing until the dough forms a ball and cleans the sides of the bowl, about 1 minute, then process for 1 minute more. Coat the inside of a large bowl with the olive oil and place the dough in the bowl. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let the dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 1⁄2 hours. Divide the dough in half and roll out as directed for your pizza
- Add the pizza sauce, seasoning, then mozzarella
- Add your pepperoni, argula, and spicy chili oil
- Bake in the oven at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Top with fresh arugula and serve.