“Little Boys Should Never Be Sent To Bed. They Always Wake Up A Day Older.” ~ Peter Pan
Let’s Blog Over Quatro Turning Five Months Old…
It seems like every time my baby goes to sleep, he has a growth spurt, or waking up with a new talent that surprises us both.
All About Quatro | 5 Months
- Q is heavy. Carrying him is like carrying 20 lb dumbbells in each hand. He’s growing and eating very well.
- He’s still only rolling over from front to back, but once on his back he’s using his core to try to sit up in a sitting position.
- He’s not too far away from crawling. He’s getting in position. His dad is really anxious for him to start. He’s convinced he’ll be walking by the end of his month.
- Q is super strong. He’s grasping things and has a very tight grip on it.
- Bedtime is still at 7:15/7:30ish and he’s sleeping through the night until around 7 AM. I thank our bedtime routine for that. I am laying him down so that he learns to sleep by himself, rather than me putting him to sleep. He’s doing so great!
- Ba Ba baaaaa – This boy can babble. He pays attention to sounds, and he responds in our conversations. He loves music, and sometimes it seems he’s trying to sing along to the song.
- My guy is testing the waters. He’s learning how some of his actions have different reactions. He knows that when he kicks his feet in the bath that the result is splashing. He’s throwing things down just to try to pick it up, lol. Then he gets mad. It’s so funny.
- He’s loving books with texture and big bright colors. Story time just happens to be our favorite time, and I love seeing his face light up at all the pictures.
- Feeding: We have expanded his palate so much, and he’s enjoying the food just as much as I enjoy feeding it to him. He’s eating six ounces, but only because he is eating food now.