“They Can Do Without Architecture Who Have No Olives Nor Wines In The Cellar.”
Let’s Blog Over Olives…
If it were up to me my refrigerator would only consist of sparkling water, wine, fruit, olives, cheese, and fine meats. I live off of that stuff. It’s not up to me though. I have a home full of very tall people with the appetites to match. Cooking is necessary in The Sampson household.
A reason I love to eat olives is because they’re light, tasty, zesty, and so healthy. It’s a quick appetizer when entertaining, and you just can’t miss with these. My warm olives have a bit of a fiery taste, but serving them warm really brings out the mediteranean, citrusy taste of the olives.
Warm Spicy Olives with Rosemary, Garlic & Lemon
- 1 lb Mixed oil- and brine-cured olives, such as Kalamata, Niçoise, Moroccan, cracked green Sicilian and Cerignola (3 cups)
- ¼ cup Lemon Olive Oil - Whole Fruit Infused
- Strips of zest from 1 small lemon
- 1 Small rosemary sprig
- 2 Small garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp Red pepper flakes
- In a medium saucepan, combine the oil with the lemon zest, rosemary, red pepper flakes and garlic and cook over moderate heat until the garlic just begins to brown, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the olives and let stand for at least 15 minutes before serving.